Kemenparekraf Held Coordination Meeting to Accelerate the Development of Lake Toba Super-Priority Tourism Destinations
In order to support the acceleration of the Development of Tourism Area Super-Priorities Lake Toba whose coverage includes 8 districts in North Sumatra Province (Sumut), the Ministry of Tourism and Creative economy (Kemenparekraf) through the Implementing Agency of the Lake Toba Authority (BPODT) held a Coordination Meeting on Acceleration of Development of Lake Toba Super-Priorities Tourism Destinations, Thursday, June 10, 2021.
The event was opened by the Minister of Tourism and Economy Creative Sandiaga Shalahuddin Uno. In his speech, he conveyed to the Head of Daerah in order to synergize in an effort to accelerate the development of Kawasan Tourism Super Priority Lake Toba. The development of Priority Areas remains advanced and it is expected that regional heads to participate in supporting the planning that has been made through the Integrated Tourism Master Plan (ITMP) that has been prepared.
"The importance of ITMP documents that will be supported by incentives for businesses to jointly advance the tourism economy of Lake Toba. Therefore, it is necessary to socialize ITMP to the Provincial Government and District Government to equalize perception and share tasks and roles in accelerating the development of the Lake Toba Region," said Sandiaga Uno in his opening.
This event was also filled exposure by Fransisco, Sub coordinator of Infrastructure Development Tasks Aceh, North Sumatra, and Riau islands In the Field of Infrastructure Development Region 1.A PUPR Infrastructure Development Center Region 1. He explained the importance of the socialization of the Master Plan to stakeholders.
"Can socialize the Master Plan and Detailed Plan of Development and Development in the Authoritative Area of the Lake Toba Authority Implementing Agency so that all stakeholders can support acceleration in development," he said.
The event was also attended by the President Director of BPODT who delivered material on the Master Plan and Detailed Plan of Lake Toba Tourism Development.
The event was closed by the Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy by Reading several conclusions produced in the Rakor event, among others:
- The need for coordination between the Ministry of Justice together with BPODT and relevant ministries and stakeholders; Get an overview of the vision and mission of stakeholders regarding the Lake Toba Area as a Super Priority Tourism Destination;
- Equating perceptions between the Central Government, Provincial Government, and District Government;
- Get reports and inputs from 8 regional heads and stakeholders related to the development program as well as tourism development in the Lake Toba Region;
- Understand the content of ITMP;
- Assemble a system that can integrate all program activities;
- The socialization of the Master Plan and The Detailed Plan of Development and development in the Authoritative area of the Lake Toba Authority Implementing Agency.
Rakor event was held for 1 day at Niagara Hotel, Parapat. Attended by the Ministry and related institutions, the Governor of North Sumatra, the Chairman of DPRD North Sumatra Province, Head of Tourism Office, the Regent, the Head of the Tourism Office in the Lake Toba area, were also attended by the Head of the Authority’s Implementing Agency both offline and online.
Writer: PMS ITDP
Photo: PMS ITDP